An Even Scarier Solstice is a sequel to the strangely popular A Very Scary Solstice. With this CD the HPLHS has assembled better musicians, more singers, and 23 new songs of holiday horror.
The CD features a cast of more than 30 professional singers with each number beautifully arranged and fully orchestrated by Troy Sterling Nies (composer for The Call of Cthulhu). Styles range from rockabilly to middle-eastern to grandly gothic and just plain weird. We've even set Lovecraft's poem, "A Brumalian Wish" to music to create (we think) the world's first original Lovecraftian Christmas carol.
The sing-along songbook features a handy pronunciation guide, an introduction by celebrated mythos author Ramsey Campbell, and the fully lyrics to all of the carols, complete with ample footnotes teeming with bizarre trivia about the carols and their underlying mythos connections!
Here is the list of songs
- All I Want for Solstice is My Sanity
- A Brumalian Wish
- The Cultist Song
- A Cyclopean Tomb (down in deep R'lyeh)
- Death May Die
- Death to the World
- The Deep One Song (Solstice in R'lyeh)
- Eerie Dreary Solstice
- The Festival
- Go, Summon Up the Dead Ones
- Harley Got Devoured by the Undead
- Hail Great Old Ones
- It's Mi-Go!
- Look! Professor Angell Brings
- Mountains of Madness
- Slay Ride
- Unholy Night
- We Three Friends of HPL Are
- We Wish You a Scary Solstice
- What Thing Is This?
- The World in Terror and Madness Lies
- The Worst Hotel
Get in the Mythos spirit...