Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: Masks of Nyarlathotep is an epic tale of globe-trotting adventure inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, presented as a 1930s-style radio drama. Dark Adventure Radio Theatre presents the tale with an absurdly large cast of professional actors, exciting sound effects and thrilling original music by Troy Sterling Nies.
In partnership with Chaosium, the HPLHS has adapted their most famed and beloved game supplement of all time — Masks of Nyarlathotep — into a fully dramatized 6 disc super episode of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre. And if you've never heard of or played the game - don't worry, you don't need to know anything about the game to enjoy this super-sized episode.
Synopsis: The death of a dear old friend and an inquiry into a doomed archeological expedition spiral into a global investigation with dire repercussions. Can a handful of intrepid investigators make a stand against an insidious and bloodthirsty cult? Can a diabolical conspiracy be thwarted before a doomsday plan comes to fruition? Is there any hope for mankind against the machinations of an Elder God or will they meet only despair, death and madness?
Masks of Nyarlathotep is a sprawling tale spanning five continents, and includes six CDs brimming with audio thrills. Enjoy a Dark Adventure over seven hours in length! This super-sized DART set includes twenty props to enhance your listening experience, including:
• Seven intriguing items from Jackson Elias' room at the Hotel Chelsea
• A ghastly crime scene photo
• Weirdly futuristic schematic drawings
• A photo of the ancient Egyptian relic - the Eye of Light and Darkness
• A clipping from the Nairobi Star about the fate of an expedition
• A photo of ruins in Australia's Great Sandy Desert
• A translation from the rare occult tome, the Seven Cryptical Books of Hsan
• Plus seven more gloriously detailed props for you to enjoy spanning all six episodes of the story
All of these great extras will be complemented by the fantastic artwork of illustrator Darrell Tutchton in the style you've come to know and love from other episodes of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre.