Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: A Solstice Carol combines the supernatural horror of H.P. Lovecraft with Dickens' celebrated holiday ghost story in the style of a 1930s radio drama.
This unique anthology holiday episode combines three of Lovecraft's most popular shorter stories with a healthy dollop of the Dickens classic. Listeners will visit snowy Kingsport and discover the horrid rites celebrated in The Festival. They'll travel to Boston and the studios of ghoulish artist Richard Upton Pickman to see the horrors in Pickman's Model. And they'll learn the dreadful secret of the shunned Outsider.
This special holiday episode weighs in at nearly 90 minutes and comes as a special two disc set that includes almost 45 minutes of bonus material. In addition to the CDs, you'll get five carefully made props from the story to enhance your listening experience:
• the obituary of celebrated pulp fiction author Mason Farley from the Providence Journal
• the cover of the latest issue of Astonishing Tales, a pulp magazine featuring the story "The Panther Lady of Aquelva"
• The Winter 1921 exhibition guide for an art show at the Boston Art Club, featuring the works of Richard Upton Pickman
• A rejection letter sent to an aspiring author of weird fiction by the editors at True Terror magazine
• A page from John Dee's translation of the Necronomicon which details the Rites of the Yule with a horrid medieval illustration
All of these great extras are complemented by the fantastic artwork of illustrator Darrell Tutchton in the style you've come to know and love from other episodes of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre.