From our friends at the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, this is an EPIC prop wallet!
GREAT PROPS MAKE FOR GREAT GAMING
One of the best things about Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu® role playing game is its use of props. Being able to find and handle physical items that bring you deeper into the game is a big part of the fun. So, to help you crank up your fun, the good folks over at the HPLHS created the Arkham Investigator's Wallet and have even thrown in an all-new CoC scenario written to feature the wallet.
This is a real vintage-style leather wallet packed full of more than 40 things that an investigator in 1920s Arkham might have on him/her: a driver's license, cards from local businesses, permits, tickets, money (coins and bills), and so much more (see full list below). Many of the props are made to be hand-customized so you can make them uniquely your own. The HPLHS has produced Ennie Award-winning prop sets for Masks of Nyarlathotep and Call of Cthulhu Classic. You won't believe the quality and authenticity of this collection.
CALL OF CTHULHU™ SCENARIO INCLUDED
In addition to the documents designed by the HPLHS propmeister Andrew Leman, this set also includes a Call of Cthulhu® scenario, "The Dog Walker", by the HPLHS game master Sean Branney. This adventure is set in 1920s Arkham and is written to let you deploy the wallet and its contents as a vital prop in the game. Don't have a gaming group? No problem, "The Dog Walker" also can be played solo with a downloadable choose-your-own-adventure style gaming. Either way, it's a fun mystery that gives investigators a whole lot of props to interact with as they grapple with mythos monstrosities. The wallet includes a perfect bound print edition of the adventure.
"The Dog Walker" is intended for 2-6 players. Play tests usually run 4-5 hours. The solo version plays a little faster as there's fewer decisions and less need to spend time in discussion with fellow players. NOTE: each player does not need his/her own wallet; one wallet will suffice for your group of players.
THE PROP LIST
Wondering what you get?
• a leather wallet in a box from Arkham's Gleason's Department Store
• prop money (a one-dollar bill, a five-dollar bill and a $20 gold piece)
• Airplane Ticket (a ride from a local barnstormer)
• Alcohol Prescription blank
• Arkham Trolley Token
• Arkham Trolley Transfer
• Arkham Chamber of Commerce City Map
• a blank check from Arkham First Bank
• Arkham Historical Society Membership Card
• Arkham Public Library Card
• Automobile Insurance Card
• Arkham Bus Schedule
• Automobile Bail Bond Certificate
• Bank Remitter's Receipt
• Business Cards from six Arkham establishments
• Cookie Fortune
• Eye of Amara Society Membership Card
• Fleurs de Lys Cigarette Card
• Grafton Diner Punch Card
• Gun Permit
• Hunting License
• Vintage Key (each one unique)
• Laundry Claim Ticket
• Locker/Safe Combination
• Lucky Clover Cartage Company Good Luck Token
• Massachusetts Driver's License and Automobile Registration
• Matchbook from an Arkham Supper Club
• Miskatonic Athletic Association Membership Card
• Miskatonic University Library Card
• Miskatonic University Exhibit Museum Ticket
• A New York Driver's License
• Newspaper Classified Ad
• Newspaper Horoscopes
• Pawn Shop Ticket
• Photo Developing Receipt
• Two Vintage Snapshots
• Two All-purpose Receipts
• YMCA Locker Rental Receipt
• a perfect-bound printed version of "The Dog Walker" scenario and more game-specific prop items
There's also a few things left off the list as they're more fun if they're surprises. But add it all up and you've got a wallet packed with the the kinds of stuff that your character might have had on their person in 1920s Arkham. Use them to flesh out your own games or dive in and play ours. Either way, you're in for a whole lot of Call of Cthulhu® fun! Our friends at Chaosium will be releasing an Arkham supplement in late 2023 and you'll find the world created by our props will blend seamlessly with the world of the upcoming supplement.
Produced under license from Chaosium Inc.
Call of Cthulhu, Chaosium Inc., and the Chaosium logo are registered trademarks of Chaosium Inc. Used with permission.
Call of Cthulhu © 1981–2023 Chaosium Inc. All rights reserved.
The names, descriptions, and depictions in this product are derived from works copyrighted by and include trademarks owned by Chaosium Inc., and may not be used or reused without their permission.