PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival® in Portland, OR has been the vanguard of independent horror filmmaking, with a cosmic or Weird twist, for more than 20 years. Now you can attend in spirit, with this selection of short films from festivals of yore! We delved into the back catalog and dredged up classic titles, worthy of commemoration. This collection not only preserves some of the early short films from the history of Lovecraftian cinema, it also contains full restorations of "The Music of Erich Zann" by John Strysik, "The Outsider" by Aaron Vanek, and "The Whisperer in Darkness" by science fiction author Dave Smith. As far as we can tell, this is the first ever fan adaptation of one of H. P. Lovecraft's stories, and was made only 12 years after the very first studio adaptation, with an 8mm camera, a few friends, including author J. Vernon Shea, and a lot of passion. Restored from the original 8mm reels by Brian Callahan at Arkham Bazaar/Sigh Co. Graphics, this is the first time in decades that this film has been seen in public.
Films included on this collection:
- "The Whisperer in Darkness" dir. by David C. Smith (1975)
- "Dunwich" dir. by Christian Matzke (2006)
- "Read Me a Story" dir. by Craig Mullins (2006)
- "The Picture in the House" dir. by Gary Lobstein (2009)
- "Pickman's Model" dir. by Rick Tillman (2003)
- "The Outsider" dir. by Aaron Vanek (1994)
- "The Music of Erich Zann" dir. by John Strysik (1980)
Runtime approximately 120 minutes.
Audio: English Only
The films contained in this collection are unrated and are intended for mature viewers
"H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival" is a registered trademark of Lurker Films, Inc. and used with permission.